1 what is the difrences btwen 2k , 2k3 and xp?
2. WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF DHCP?
3. HOW DHCP CONFIGURE?
4. What is the new major feature introduced in Exchange 2003, which was not included in Exchange 2000?
5. How can you recover a deleted mail box ?
6. what is the use of ESUtil.exe ?
7. What are the port Numbers for pop3, imap, smtp port, smtp over ssl, pop3 over ssl, imap over ssl ?
8. Difference between Exchance 2003 and 2007?
9. what is RPC over Http ?
10. What is required for using RPC over Https with MS Outlook ?
11. If you have deleted the user, after you recreated the same user. How you will give the access of previous mail box ?
12. What are the prequisite for installation of Exchange Server ?
13. What is the use of NNTP with exchange ?
14. If NNTP service get stoped, what features of exchange will be effected ?
15. Which protocol is used for Public Folder ?
16. How will take backup of Active Directory ?
17. What are the content of System State backup ?
18. 1.boot process in windows nt/xp/2000/2003
19. 2.how do you configure memory dump if c:,d:,e: & paging file is configured so and so way?
20. 3.backups ? which is better, why and which to use when?
21. 4.disaster recovery plan?
22. 5.DHCP lease process
23. 6.DNS zones, chronicle records what are they?
24. 7.DHCP relay agent where to place it?
25. 8.what is active directory compared to SAM?
26. 9.what is GC? how many required for A Tree?
27. 10.what is forest?
28. 11.Group policies?
29. 12.FSMO Roles?
30. When you use ping command, how do you recognise DNS/WINS is working ?
31. What is the difference between DNS/WINS ?
32. Do you require WINS in Windows 2000 ? Explain how ?
33. What is Active Directory ?
34 You have parentdomain xyzhq.com and the childdomains INxyz and UKxyz. When you apply a group policy in parent domain zHQ as a domain level, does it applies to its child domain INxyz and UKxyz ?
35. You take a backup on Monday as FULL and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday as Differential Backup. If your Server Crashes on Friday. Then what are the media tape required to restore the date ? Explain how ?
36. What is Global Catalog Server ?
37. Can GC Server and Infrastructure place in single server ? ifnot explain why ?
38. What is the size of log file which created before updating into ntds.dit and the total number of files ?
39. What does SYSVOL contains ?
40. Which is service in your windows is responsible for replication of Domain controller to another domain controller.
41. How data will travel between sites in ADS replication?
42. What is the port number for SMTP, Kerberos, LDAP, GC Server. ?
43. What Intrasite and Intersite Replication ?
44. What is lost & found folder in ADS ?
45. What is Garbage collection ?
46. What System State data contains ?
47. How do you restore a particular OU which deleted by accidently ?
48. What is IPSec Policy ?
49. What are different types of Group Policy ?
50. What is the order of applying Group Policy ?
51. What are the new features in Windows 2003 related to ADS, Repllication, Trust ?
52. How to edit the Schma in ADS ?
53. What is Domain Local, Global Group, Universal group ?
54. Diff between Global & Universal group ?
55. What are the different types of Terminal Services ?
56. What does mean by root DNS servers?
57. What are the different records in DNS ?
58. What is SOA records ?
59. How does the downlevel clients register it names with DNS server ?
60. What is RsOP ?
61. What is default lease period for DHCP Server?
62. What is the process of DHCP clients for getting the ip address?
63. What is multicaste ?
64. What is superscope ?
65. What is the System Startup process ?
66. What is WINS hybrid & mixed mode?
67. What is Disk Quota ?
68 .What is Active Directory?
69. What is LDAP?
70. Can you connect Active Directory to other 3rd-party Directory Services? Name a few options.
71. Where is the AD database held? What other folders are related to AD?
72. What is the SYSVOL folder?
73. Name the AD NCs and replication issues for each NC
74. What are application partitions? When do I use them
75. How do you create a new application partition
76. How do you view replication properties for AD partitions and DCs?
77. What is the Global Catalog?
78. How do you view all the GCs in the forest?
79. Why not make all DCs in a large forest as GCs?
80. Trying to look at the Schema, how can I do that?
81. What are the Support Tools? Why do I need them?
82. What is LDP? What is REPLMON? What is ADSIEDIT? What is NETDOM? What is REPADMIN?
What are sites? What are they used for?
83. What's the difference between a site link's schedule and interval?
84. What is the KCC?
85. What is the ISTG? Who has that role by default?
86. What are the requirements for installing AD on a new server?
87. What can you do to promote a server to DC if you're in a remote location with slow WAN link?
How can you forcibly remove AD from a server, and what do you do later? • Can I get user passwords from the AD database?
88. What tool would I use to try to grab security related packets from the wire?
Name some OU design considerations.
89. What is tombstone lifetime attribute?
90. What do you do to install a new Windows 2003 DC in a Windows 2000 AD?
91. What do you do to install a new Windows 2003 R2 DC in a Windows 2003 AD?
92. How would you find all users that have not logged on since last month?
What are the DS* commands?
93. What's the difference between LDIFDE and CSVDE? Usage considerations?
94. What are the FSMO roles? Who has them by default? What happens when each one fails?
95. What FSMO placement considerations do you know of?
96. I want to look at the RID allocation table for a DC. What do I do?
97. What's the difference between transferring a FSMO role and seizing one? Which one should you NOT seize? Why?
98. How do you configure a "stand-by operation master" for any of the roles?
99. How do you backup AD?
100. How do you restore AD?
101. How do you change the DS Restore admin password?
102. Why can't you restore a DC that was backed up 4 months ago?
103. What are GPOs?
104. What is the order in which GPOs are applied?
105 Name a few benefits of using GPMC.
106. What are the GPC and the GPT? Where can I find them?
107. What are GPO links? What special things can I do to them?
108. What can I do to prevent inheritance from above?
109. How can you determine what GPO was and was not applied for a user? Name a few ways to do that.
110. A user claims he did not receive a GPO, yet his user and computer accounts are in the right OU, and everyone else there gets the GPO. What will you look for?
111. Name some GPO settings in the computer and user parts.
112. What are administrative templates?
113. What's the difference between software publishing and assigning?
114. Can I deploy non-MSI software with GPO?
115.You want to standardize the desktop environments (wallpaper, My Documents, Start menu, printers etc.) on the computers in one department. How would you do that?