Please note that this is for IIS 6 only, if you are running a different version please consult the
web server’s manual.
To change the CGI timeout value using a script, perform the following steps:
1. Open a Command Prompt window, and go to the Inetpub\AdminScripts directory.
2. At the command prompt, type the following to display the current CGI timeout value for
the Web server:
- cscript adsutil.vbs get /w3svc/cgitimeout
3. Type the following to set the CGI timeout value, where ### is the CGI timeout value in
seconds (for example, to set the CGI timeout value to 350 seconds, you need to type "cscript
adsutil.vbs set /w3svc/cgitimeout 350"):
- cscript adsutil.vbs set /w3svc/cgitimeout ###
4. Restart IIS.