Step by Step Procedure to create a copy of a client locally in the same SAP server.
1. Logon to SAP server
2. Use Transaction Code SCC4
3. Go to change mode
4. Create a new client, assign client number & description as per request
5. Logoff from current client.
6. Login to newly created client using the following credentials :
i. Client Number : Newly created one
ii. User Id : SAP*
iii. Password : PASS
7. Use Transaction Code SCCL for local client copy
8. Give reference client for copy and profile as per the request
9. Use SCC3 Transaction code to monitor progress of Client Copy.
Golden rules for CLIENT Copies
1. Master data can not be copied without copying transactional data and transactional data can not be copied without copying master data.
2. Application data (transactional and master) should not be copied without copying configuration data.
3. Client copy requires a valid client as the destination client. Make sure that the client exists in T000 table and you can logon to that client.
4. The transport system and the transport management system of 4.0 are the only proper tool to be use to keep multiple systems in sync by transporting development and customizing changes to another instance.
5. When you copy a client from one system to another, client-independent tables should only be copied if they are not yet modified in the target system.
6. We recommend the users to read all the OSS notes regarding client copy that applies to their SAP release. It is always better to schedule the client copy job in the background for the night run when normal work is not taking place.
7. Always check the database space before performing a client copy.
8. To avoid data inconsistencies all the users working in the source and target clients should logoff from the system.
9. RSCLICHK program should be run in the target system remotely before doing a client export. This program will give information about the missing definitions from the data dictionary in the target. After executing this program and getting successful results you can ensure that the client copy will have no problems. In case some tables are different; you can use SE11 to compare and adjust the table structure in both the system before the client copy. A remote test client copy also can be executed to know the differences between source client and target client.10. If you are not in release 2.2 then do not use R3trans to copy a client.
SCC1 Client Copy - Special Selections
SCC2 Client transport
SCC3 Client Copy Log
SCC4 Client administration
SCC5 Client Delete
SCC6 Client Import
SCC7 Client Import – Post Processing
SCC8 Client Export
SCC9 Remote Client Copy
SCCL Local Client Copy
SAP Local Client Copy Step by Step
T-Code : SCC4 (Display View “Client” Overview)
2.Choose “New Entries”
3.Input Client Number and Description
5.Input Logicla system
7.Choose Client role(Customizing)
8.Select Automatic recording of changes
9.Select “Cross-Client Object Changes”
15.Log-in to New client(200)
11.Log-in to New client(200)
ID : sap*
password : pass
ID : sap*
password : pass
T-code : SCCL
2.Input Source clientInput Source client User Masters
T-code : SCCL
4.Choose Parallel Processing
5.Choose Logon Server Group
7.Choose Schedule as Background Job
8.Choose immediately or Schedule Job
9.Choose No Printer Dialog
15.Logon to Source system
18.Check Copy Process with SCC3
- Deleting a client is very dangerous task. We should be very careful in deleting a client.
- Login to the client which you want to delete.
- Type the transaction code scc5
- Tick the delete entry from T000 and click delete in Background button (F8).
- Click the background server and select the check box Immediately and click Schedule job.
- Click continue in verification screen.
- Hit Enter in the information message screen.
- This background job can be viewed by using t-code scc3
- Do not delete any sap standard clients.